Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Flying economy class in Gulf Air from Bahrain to London (Gulf Air flight 7)

The Airport:
I used to think that Dubai airport is of no comparison to other in middle east but I was wrong. I was astonished to see this glamorous and beautiful airport of Bahrain.

View from the waiting area. Here I was getting WiFi!

It was well polished looking and well air conditioned. In terms of facilities, I was not able to find power outlets, but in the waiting lounge I was able to find what I needed, the free internet WiFi. :) Thumbs up for the BAH airport!


The Experience:
         Overall the flight experience was much better than the flight from Lahore to Bahrain. The best thing I liked in this flight  was the calmness of the people probably due to late night flight everyone was willing to sleep. I got a window seat this time as well. Just after the take off, I soon went to sleep as I was having headache due to my previous flight. I got a sound sleep for about an hour and then I woke up just before the dinner service was offered. I went to the lavatory, which was cleaner than the first flight and came back to my seat for the meals. At this point, my headache was gone and I was feeling pretty normal and a bit hungry :)

The Food:
The moment I was waiting for i.e. the food. A well made balance food. This included mushroom tomato sauce, eggs, boiled potato, fruits, orange juice and yogurt. I was feeling even better after having this meal.

At the time of dawn, a healthy breakfast that I liked!

About Aircraft Airbus-a320:
It was exactly like a321 with sligh differences. Here is the shot of our aircraft I got after landing at London airport. The lugguge is being collected (see the trailers). This airbus a321 is smaller in size than other jumbo planes like Boeing 777 but offers almost same seating size and space.



The plane wing and the dawn time, I loved it.



Cabin Crew:
The cabin crew was still not in the sight. May be they were gone to rest as everyone else including me were sleeping. However, as the sun began to rise the cabin crew started serving. This time everyone was awake and now the plane was filled with movements and noise. Overall, I would give 3.5/5 stars to the crew.

The Landing:
I was waiting to see London downtown but not even close. The airport is far from the downtown. Here are some pics I was able to get from the window. It was a beautiful morning time.





No comments:

Post a Comment